Sunday 23 June 2013

Bus jumper


My four year old nephew is obsessed with anything with wheels, so hopefully this jumper will make him happy on some level - it definitely has a lot of vehicles on it. I did a mixture of hand and machine embroidery on it, and used a bit of paint on the clouds, then had loads of fun finding buttons to sew on. The crystal buttons for headlamps are maybe my favourite bit, and I improvised a Volkswagen badge in an optimistic stab at authenticity. 




There's something deeply weird about the whole scenario which only really hit me when it was done. Why are a frog and a tiger driving a bus with no passengers? What precipitated their dramatic turn off the motorway into scrubland? Why are cars floating in the lilac sky? Maybe we should call it a conversation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment