Sunday 7 April 2013

Fairies

There were two slightly sad looking fairy/eighteenth century style pantomine dresses lurking in Antoinette's. The bodices were mostly plain, but someone had haphazardly brushed them with paint V shapes and what looked like hot glue stains. My design had to incorporate the existing stains and colours, so I turned the lines into angled stems and leaves in acrylic paint, with some metallic details - trying my best to bring the bodice together with the much lighter colour of the skirt and sleeves.

I have a theory that these might have been for a 1950s production of A Midsummer's Night dream. If so, this is Mustard Seed....




Peaseblossom was similar, in pink - but minutes after I'd sewed the last bead on, an A-level photography student came in to hire her for a photoshoot. Hopefully she'll make good on her promise to send the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment